Milan Office Manager / Team Coordinator
Balena provides a software platform that helps developers build, deploy and manage code on connected devices. We brought Docker to embedded GNU/Linux devices in 2013 and have been building our IoT toolkit ever since. We also maintain a variety of successful open source projects including Etcher, openBalena, balenaOS and balenaEngine and made contributions to high-exposure projects such as Docker, Electron, and AppImage.
Our technology is open, standards-based, and proven in production across a wide range of scenarios from drones, 3D printers, point-of-sale devices, tidal turbines, skyscrapers and more. Our investors include DFJ, Aspect Ventures, GE, and Ericsson.
Balena is a highly distributed, remote-friendly company with a pretty much flat hierarchy. Our organization is adaptive, getting feedback signals from our users and systems. Right now we organize ourselves by projects, which allow us to build complex features and solve big problems, while staying mutable. As a distributed group, we rely on clear communication and the rule of "assume positive intent" to help us work together across time zones, cultures and first languages. Our base of operations are nominally London and Seattle, though we live all over the world: from Barcelona to Bulgaria, Argentina to Vietnam, and beyond.
We are looking for a friendly, motivated, and detail-oriented Office Manager / Team Coordinator to help keep our Milan office and team running smoothly. You’ll help maintain a positive and productive work environment, and facilitate the flow of information and materials between offices, team members, partners, customers, etc. . You will help coordinate with local service providers and third-party partners such as accountants and landlords, and will also help as needed with fulfillment of customer orders for our hardware products (such as the balenaFin).
If you are fascinated by technology and innovation, brilliant at multitasking, ready to tackle new challenges on a daily basis and enjoy working in a fast paced environment alongside bright and energetic individuals - we would love to meet you!
- Based in Milan and able to regularly work from our Lambrate district office
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Able to multitask and re-prioritize on the fly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to think creatively to solve complex problems
- Flexible and adaptable to changing needs and environments
- Interest in finding new tools and creating new processes to improve efficiency
- Proactive self-starter, able to anticipate the needs of the office and team
- Comfortable with basic accounting and bookkeeping (segreteria amministrativa)
- Incredibly high degree of professionalism and trustworthiness
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Italian
Nice to have:
- Experience or general knowledge of fulfillment workflows (logistica)
- Interest in technology and startups
- Prior experience in office management, team coordination, and/or administrative work, particularly with small and fast-growing companies
- Work with an extremely talented, diverse team
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Annual company gathering in an international location
ABOUT WORKING AT BALENA
We come from 15+ countries, and we embrace a remote culture with flexible hours. To us, this means being highly productive while still maintaining a healthy work-life balance. You need to be able to work remotely, and have a dependable internet access available so you can join video calls.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diverse backgrounds. We maintain a work environment in which team members are treated with respect at all times and in which thoughts and ideas can be shared openly.
We communicate proposals, discuss with others in the team and accept feedback if it makes the result better. We value the ability to learn, which is more important to us than knowledge of specific technologies. We know that learning fast means being outside our comfort zone, which is OK -- we'd rather grow than let our assumptions get in our way.
We're delighted to hear about you! Send us your CV, with a focus on what you can bring to the team.